My New Blog: TF Workshop

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Compassion

This post is not about working on the kitchen, but about kids in poverty. I got the bug to put a banner for an organization called Compassion on my blog.

Here are a quote from Bono of U2 on this: "God is in the slums, in the cardboard boxes where the poor play house. God is in the silence of a mother who has infected her child with a virus that will end both their lives. God is in the cries heard under the rubble of war. God is in the debris of wasted opportunity and lives, and God is with us if we are with them."

We have been donating to this cause for a number of years - they are legitimate and dedicated. Going forward, we are donating any revenue received from the Google Ads on this blog to Compassion.
My biggest fear is that I will focus too much on my own little world (in this case our kitchen), and miss the big, wild, terrifying, wonderful world that is out there.

No comments: