My New Blog: TF Workshop

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Trouble with pull-out garbage can

We bought a pull out garbage can from The Container Store - and its about an inch too tall!

I had to move the garbage disposal to the deeper sink, and try to mount the can on the shallow side. Once I started measuring the space against available products, I realized that I would have to do this no matter what.

I made the drain pipe take an immediate out of the sink strainer and moved the trap to the back, and I still have about 1/2 an inch to go. Next I am going to take the metal assembly apart - I figure I can get about 5/8 of an inch by re-drilling the holes, etc. If all else fails, I will cut a little bit off the back of the plastic lip, which I really don't want to do. I am glad that most of the things we are doing don't take this much fiddling... The cost was $49.

In addition to this, we also bought an under-sink wire slide-out organizer for $59.

Total cost $108.

No comments: