My New Blog: TF Workshop

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Drawer Construction Continued...

All the boxes (21 of them) for the wall cabinets are ready for final assembly tomorrow. These are for the drawers and pull out shelves.

Since we are building the cabinets ourselves, we decided that every shelf below 4 feet is going to be pull-out. The extra labor will be worth it in the long term. Its about $20 for materials per pull-out shelf, including the full-extension slides.


I have 3/8" pre-finshed maple plywood from Shurway Building Center for the bottoms of each of these. There are a couple of shelves that will hold plates - on those I will use 1/2 inch.

We will need to do this all over again for the island and hutch later in January.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice blog you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Best wishes
Jeph Normic